Mystic Hall Move-in Delayed

Recent progress of Piedmont University’s newest residence hall, Mystic Hall, that was set to open by Fall 2022. PHOTO//ANONYMOUS

Caden Nelms, Social Media and Design Manager

Piedmont University and the Office of Residential Living announced on Thursday, Aug. 4 that Piedmont’s newest residence hall, Mystic Hall, will not be ready for students to move into before the fall semester begins due to “unforeseen labor shortages and supply chain issues.” Classes begin on Wednesday, Aug. 17th with freshmen move-in planned for Saturday, Aug. 13.

Students that were planning to live in Mystic Hall will move into temporary housing on campus. Their temporary housing assignments have been sent out to all of their lions emails. Students will move into their rooms as soon as Mystic Hall is safe for move-in. Residential Living staff has worked diligently to keep roommates together in their temporary housing, however, they cannot guarantee triple-room roommates will be together. All roommates in triple-rooms will remain in the same building.

Residential Living is planning a move-in celebration for Mystic Hall once construction has finished and students are cleared to move in. There are also plans to have a second move-in day where families can help their students move into Mystic Hall. Residential Living is recommending students bring their necessities to their temporary housing and wait to decorate until they move into their rooms in Mystic Hall. 

Piedmont has not announced how long it will take for Mystic Hall to be ready, but has stated that the University is “working closely with the contractor, local officials and others involved in the construction to open Mystic Hall as soon as possible.” 

The Office of Residential Living is hosting live Zoom chats on Sunday, Aug. 7 at 2 p.m. to answer questions students and their families may have. They have asked that if you have any questions prior to the Zoom chats, email them at [email protected]. Residential Living has also stated that email is the best way to reach them as “Residence Life staff members are fielding an unusually high number of calls.”

To read Residential Living’s full update and FAQ about Mystic Hall, visit: https://www.piedmont.edu/2022/08/04/update-on-mystic-hall/